University of Cincinnati Medical Center’s radiology department is a large contemporary imaging facility that performs approximately 250,000 examinations a year.
The department currently employs approximately 80 technologists who staff imaging operations in both the main x-ray department and the numerous satellite operations.
The department has the following specialized equipment as well as a wide variety of general imaging equipment to supplement it:
Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS)
- McKesson PACS System with integrated Power Scribe Voice Recognition Technology
- Cerner Millennium RIS.
- 1 Dual Energy 64 Slice CT Scanner
- 1 64 Slice CT Scanner
- 1 High Speed 16 Slice CT Scanner
- 1 8 Slice CT Scanner
- 1 4 slice Operative/Interventional CT Scanner
- 1 8 Slice Mobile CT Scanner
- 1 PET/CT 16 Slice Scanner
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 1 3.0T MRI Scanner
- 2 1.5T MRI Scanners
- 1 0.325 Open Operative/Interventional Magnet
- 1 3.0T Research MRI Scanner
- 1 4.0T Research MRI Scanner
- 5 Digitally Processed Contemporary Ultrasound Units for Abdominal Imaging
- 3 Digitally Processed Contemporary Ultrasound Units for Breast Imaging
- 1 Bi-Plane Digital Angiography Unit
- 2 Single Plane Digital Angiography Units
- 1 Minor Interventional Procedure Suite
- 1 Digital Radiographic Unit
- 7 Computed Radiography Equipped Radiographic Units
- 6 Digital Mammography Units
- 1 Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit
- 4 Dual Head Gamma Cameras
- 1 PET Scanner
- 3 Bone Densitometry Units
The Department is completely filmless utilizing an advanced Computed Radiography, Image Transmission and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) with full digital and CR imaging. The PACS system is fully integrated with Powerscribe voice recognition dictation technology and digital work lists for the Radiologist.
Image and report distribution is electronic throughout the medical center and the associated remote imaging and patient care sites.
Outpatient Diagnostic Test Scheduling and Locations
See our printable document with information about diagnostic test scheduling and locations, including maps.